Pack two bags. One for labour and birth and another bag for your stay in hospital after birth. Remember that if you forget anything, your partner can get it for you.
The Rotunda Hospital Dublin
Prepare a bag for your visit. See our list of what you may need.
Pack your bags!
Please keep your own healthcare record with your bag. Do not forget to bring it with you when you are coming into the hospital.
Bag for Labour & Birth
- Loose fitting nightdress or an old long t-shirt;
- Disposable underwear;
- Warm socks, slippers and a light dressing gown;
- Hair bobbins and brush;
- Wash bag with toiletries – shower gel, sponge, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant and so on;
- Maternity sanitary pads;
- Large, dark-coloured towel;
- Fresh night clothes to wear after the birth, (ideally front opening for breastfeeding) and a nursing bra;
- Babygro, vest, cardigan and baby hat and nappies for baby;
- List of phone numbers of family and friends;
- Camera and batteries;
- Money for parking meters.
Hospital Stay Bag
- Fresh pyjamas/nightdress for every day
- Disposable underwear
- Maternity sanitary pads
- Bras and breast pads
- Wash bag with toiletries
- Large, dark-coloured bath towel
- Loose-fitting clothes for going home
- Babygros or sleep suits
- Cotton wool
- Bath towel
- Baby hats and bibs
- Outfit for going home