We are currently recruiting for the following Vacancies. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. The Rotunda Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Working With Us
The Rotunda Hospital has been caring for generations of parents and their babies since 1745. We provide dedicated services to meet the needs of pregnant women and their babies, as well as women with gynaecological conditions, and women and men who experience infertility. As a world class maternity hospital, we consistently seek excellence from our clinicians, management and staff to ensure all our patients receive high quality, safe and reliable care.
Working at The Rotunda Hospital
The Rotunda Hospital is committed to the provision of acute services in maternity, neonatology, gynaecology and, in particular, achieving excellence in treatment & care for mother & baby, and promoting staff excellence
Our objective is to attract the best professionals to deliver excellent patient care by providing the best staff experience.
This principle is one of our key deliverables in our current strategic plan.
- Salary Scales – annual increases up to LSI
- Pension – excellent pension benefits
- Medical Insurance – avail of an excellent group discount with VHI< LAYA & Aviva Healthcare
- Annual Leave entitlements range from 24 days to 32 days depending on grade and function.
- Employee Discounts Programme – corporate deals and discounts are available for Rotunda employees from a variety of organisations including banking and retail.
- Access to the Health Services Staff Credit Union
- Excellent transportation links (Bus, LUAS, Dart) and onsite parking. Subsidised car parking in car park located close to the hospital.
- Tax Efficient Travel Pass – save up to 50% on travel costs with TaxSaver Commuter Ticket Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme – The Rotunda Hospital will facilitate the purchase of a bicycle and/or accessories up to a maximum of €1,000.
- Onsite accommodation for our Midwifery and Nursing students in the School of Midwifery
- Local Amenities – Plenty of pursuits for all interests within walking distance of the hospital.
Education, Training & Development
- Continuing education with dedicated educational budgets along with in-house supports
- Training and Development Opportunities are faciliated by our inhouse Training and Development Manager.
- Onsite Training Facilities and Library
- Educational Assistance Programme that supports learners financially and grants leave for study and exams.
Employee Wellness & Work Life Balance
- Work life Balance/Flexibility
- Subsidised meals in our award winning staff restaurant.
- Onsite Occupational Health Department who support our employees with medical treatment, advice and education.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)- a confidential service, and is free of charge to all employees and family members who reside with them.
- Rotunda Delivery – the hospital magazine which is published quarterly. Check here for the most recent edition.
- A high quality selection process is undertaken based on the skills and qualities relevant to the post.
- Job and person specifications are reflected consistently throughout the selection process.
- Criteria for selection are based on the essential requirements to the post, promoting the principle of equal opportunity.
- All applications will be checked for eligibility i.e. minimum criteria outlined in the job description and person specification. If you have the minimum criteria you will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process, otherwise you will be informed by the human resources department.
- Applicants will not be discriminated under grounds of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, religion or membership of the travelling community.
- Short listing will occur in some competitions. If short listing occurs you will be informed of the short listing process as it applies to you.
- Applicants progressing to interview stage will be informed at the earliest possible convenience and must confirm their attendance for interview.
- You will be informed in writing of the outcome of the interview process.
- The offer of employment is subject to the following clearances:
o Reference checks
o Medical clearance
o Qualification verification
o Garda clearance